- The "Lord of Bones", the necromancer Shradin Mulophor, asks Halaster Blackcloak for permission to occupy the former site of the Sargauth Enclave, forming a new trading post that is later to develop into Skullport. Shradin links the River Sargauth with other subterranean waterways and creates portals to faraway seas, developing trade with other powers of the Underdark.
- The ice castle of the Vaasan wizards in the Lugsaas Chain is destroyed by an avalanche after an earthquake strikes the region. 
- Sailors that were thought lost at sea begin turning up on shore. They are all now working for the Kraken Society as their first land-bound agents.
- Wai Long Hwa is recognized as the third emperor of the Lui Dynasty of T'u Lung and the Maki Clan becomes more powerful by supporting him. The Three Kingdoms are reunited and the Ho and Tan families are defeated, but remain strong. The Yang family is given control of its lands.
- ↑ Joseph C. Wolf (1999). Skullport. (TSR, Inc), p. 6. ISBN 0-7869-1348-7.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 121. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- ↑ Rick Swan (1992). The Great Glacier. (TSR, Inc), p. 7. ISBN 1-56076-324-8.