- Fiirnel'ther Vandree of House Vandree of Menzoberranzan assassinates her mother, Troken'ther, in order to assume leadership of her House. Before the end of the year, she is on the ruling council.
- Bullywug tribes from the Farsea Marshes begin harrying Zhentarim forces operating throughout the Tunlands, diminishing Black Network activities in the region.
- Cormyr's War Wizards, who have lost access to the Art, begin cross-training with the Purple Dragons in swordplay and martial defense. When the Weave is finally restored, these swordmages become invaluable against neighboring aggression in the region.
- The Gundwynd Clan is rendered extinct in Waterdeep after entering the burial portal in their family tomb in the City of the Dead to bury three members, shortly after the Spellplague first struck the city. All who emerge are permanently transformed into trolls or giants. 
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Brian R. James (2008-02-27). Spellplague: The Wailing Years. Dragon Features Archive. Wizards of the Coast. Retrieved on 2008-04-14. (Registration required to view.)
- ↑ Brian R. James (2009-04-24). Post-Spellplague Timeline. Wizards of the Coast. Archived from the original on 2011-09-14. Retrieved on 2017-07-15.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend (September 2008). Blackstaff Tower. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 107–108. ISBN 0-7869-4913-9.