- With Shou Lung forces driven from Wa, and facing defeat there, the twelfth Emperor Chin of the Kao Dynasty instead decrees The Unleashing of Shackles, formally recognizing Wa as an independent state. The remnants of the Regiment of the Grey Blossom are withdrawn. In the capital of Shou Lung, monuments are erected that describe the emperor as a wonderful and wise emancipator of noble foreign peoples.
- For six days in autumn, major cities along the Fenghsintzu River in T'u Lung experience the Nights of the Screaming Demons, when huge roaring spirits visit the cities and drive off the streets. In the mornings, prominent bureaucrats notorious for incompetence and corruption are discovered missing, encouraging the remainder to lift their game. A H'sin-to crime lord links the Screaming Demons to the Black Leopard Cult in a 295 DR biography.
- Josidiah Starym is granted a gift from Anders Beltgarden, a human wizard who settled in Cormanthyr. The gift is a newly created magical figurine of a black panther which can transform into Guenhwyvar, who becomes Josidiah's friend.
- ↑ Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 67. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 68. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- ↑ David "Zeb" Cook (1987). Blood of the Yakuza. (TSR, Inc), p. 24. ISBN 0-88038-401-8.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend and Kevin Melka (1998). Cormanthyr: Empire of the Elves. (TSR, Inc), p. 37. ISBN 0-7069-0761-4.