- Qysar Shoon VII of the Shoon Imperium and the blue dragon Iryklathagra wage their final battle in the skies over the city of Shoonach and in the streets of its slaves' district. Iryklathagra shatters the bones and nearly bites off Shoon's right leg and left arm, giving her the nickname "Sharpfangs".
- Rapid population growth of the city of Khôltar nearly bankrupts the local government by necessitating the expansion of the city's walls every few years. The dwarves of the Great Rift create an endowment to fund construction, releasing money for a visionary dwarf named Dunsel to begin work on a road from Eartheart to Khôltar. The Dunsel Trail eventually runs all the way to Shaarmid on the Golden Road.
- ↑ Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 71. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood (April 2001–May 2003). Elminster Speaks archive (Zipped PDF). Elminster Speaks. Wizards of the Coast. p. 83. Retrieved on 2016-09-03.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood (2003-03-19). Part #63: Khôltar, Part 14, A Brief History of Khôltar, Part 1. Elminster Speaks. Wizards of the Coast. Retrieved on 2017-06-17.