- Shieldlord Khôltar is assassinated by agents of a fellow dwarf, Inbrurr Harlenstar, in an elaborate plot meant to throw suspicion on the human population of Khôltar. The second part of his plan failed utterly and he fled into the Underdark, self-fulfilling his exile from the Deep Realm.
- After the assassination of Amberu Khôltar, a new Shieldlord by the name of Onskrar Hammershield is appointed by the dwarves of the Great Rift. To quell angry residents, he forms a citizen council to hear complaints from the populace, draft laws, and advise the Shieldlord on matters of city government.
- ↑ Sean K Reynolds. Sneak Peek: Emerald Enclave. Realmswatch. Wizards of the Coast. Retrieved on 2007-03-17.
- ↑ Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 71. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Ed Greenwood (April 2001–May 2003). Elminster Speaks archive (Zipped PDF). Elminster Speaks. Wizards of the Coast. p. 84. Retrieved on 2016-09-03.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Ed Greenwood (2003-04-02). Part #64: Khôltar, Part 15, A Brief History of Khôltar, Part 2. Elminster Speaks. Wizards of the Coast. Retrieved on 2017-06-26.