- A horde of orcs attacks the elven empire of Cormanthyr and the Dalelands from the west, with Semberholme threatened with destruction. The combined forces of the elven armies and the Dalesman militia push back the invading forces at the Thunderpeak Mountains. The battle was commemorated in the ballad "Battlestars at Tilver's Gap".
- Mayor Tara "Two-Blades" Oakfeller of Silverymoon dies of a fever. Donal "the Wise Bear" Ethen, a popular local wizard replaces her.
- The dwarves abdicate the government of Khôltar, leaving a power vacuum. After many days of bloody conflict between prominent human families (the Onsruur), Embran Orntathtar leads the garthraun (police) to quell the violence and declare himself the first Belarkh (ruling lord).
- ↑ Steven E. Schend and Kevin Melka (1998). Cormanthyr: Empire of the Elves. (TSR, Inc), p. 42. ISBN 0-7069-0761-4.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 93. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- ↑ slade (April 1996). The North: Guide to the Savage Frontier (Cities and Civilization). (TSR, Inc), p. 47. ISBN 0-7869-0391-0.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood (April 2001–May 2003). Elminster Speaks archive (Zipped PDF). Elminster Speaks. Wizards of the Coast. p. 86. Retrieved on 2016-09-03.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood (2003-04-16). Part #65: Khôltar, Part 16, A Brief History of Khôltar, Part 3. Elminster Speaks. Wizards of the Coast. Retrieved on 2017-11-06.