- Pirates from the South make heavy raids on Nimoar's Hold, which would later become Waterdeep. All the attacks fail as Nimoar's followers beat off three separate attempts.
- The mad Sammaster publishes the first of his error-laden re-translations of many ancient prophecies, including his version of Maglas's The Chronicle of Things to Come. From his flawed translation, Sammaster grows convinced that dead dragons would come to rule the world, a belief he dubbed the "Scaly Way".
- ↑ Ed Greenwood and Steven E. Schend (July 1994). “Campaign Guide”. City of Splendors (TSR, Inc), p. 29. ISBN 0-5607-6868-1.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 109. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- ↑ Dale Donovan (January 1998). Cult of the Dragon. (TSR, Inc), pp. 16, 25. ISBN 0-7869-0709-6.