After the Year of Wild Magic, 1372 DR, the caster launched a single arrow of acid from their hand. It had an effective range of over 440 feet (130 meters). If it struck the target, only it was harmed by the acid. For more experienced mages, the acid lingered and continued to burn for an increasing length of time until it was neutralized or the effect expired.
After the Spellplague of 1385 DR, the spell created a shimmering arrow made of a green, glowing liquid. It exploded on contact with its target, burning it and spraying sizzling acid over adjacent creatures to slightly injure them as well. Even on a miss, it was still injurious. The acid continued to burn until removed.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 68,210,259. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Rob Heinsoo, Andy Collins, James Wyatt (June 2008). Player's Handbook 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 160. ISBN 0-7869-4867-1.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 253. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 139. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ Sam Witt (January 1994). The Complete Sha'ir's Handbook. (TSR, Inc), p. 124. ISBN 978-1560768289.