Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Some time in the 9th century DR, Aesperus was a wizard fighting in defense of Hulburg. During a battle, he was knocked unconscious and buried alive beneath a pile of corpses. He was eventually interred in The Vault of the Dead beneath the city, as part of a mass burial. But Aesperus had survived, after a fashion: he had become a lich and was driven insane.
Aesperus dwelled in a subterranean chamber in the Vault for some five centuries. By 1367 DR, he plotted his vengeance against the surface world, aiming to animate the thousands of corpses in the Vault and send the undead horde to march across the northern coast of the Moonsea and slaughter and destroy everything in their path.
- ↑ The level is roughly equal to the Hit Dice of the lich.
- According to postings by Swordmage author Richard Baker on the Candlekeep forum, Aesperus was a human necromancer and former ruler of the short-lived kingdom of Thentur c. 1050 DR. Aesperus was deposed in a rebellion led by Lathander's clergy. Upon his death, Aesperus transformed into a lich and held dominion over the undead in eastern Thar. Aesperus was a distant ancestor of the Hulmaster clan of Hulburg and had a pact with the Hulmasters under which he prevented the undead from rising within the city. Aesperus was known as "the King in Copper" because of the enchanted copper bands he wore on his body.
- John Terra (February 1995). The Moonsea (Reference Guide). (TSR, Inc), p. 45. ISBN 978-0786900923.
- Richard Baker (Nov 2010). Avenger. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0786955759.
- Richard Baker (January, 2010). Realms of the Dead ("The King in Copper"). (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0786953632.