The Alamber Sea was the primary trade avenue between the nations of Mulhorand, Unther, Thay, and Tymanther (and for a time, High Imaskar as well). As a result, its waters were considered neutral territory.
As of 1489 DR, the waters of the Alamber Sea were bordered by Mulhorand to the east and Unther and Tymanther to the west. The nation of Thay bordered the Alamber to the north, except where it connected to the larger Inner Sea. The northernmost island of Alaor served as the center of Thayvian naval power in the region.
Despite its status as neutral territory, merchant vessels and other ships found in the Alamber Sea were usually Thayvian in origin. A considerable number of pirates frequented these waters, and below the surface lay the sahuagin kingdom of Aleaxtis.
Places of InterestEdit
- This island in the northern Alamber Sea boasts a considerable Thayvian naval base.
- Ship of the Gods
- Mulhorandi diviners predict this small volcanic island will erupt in the near future.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Scott Bennie (1990). Old Empires. (TSR, Inc), p. 16. ISBN 0-8803-8821-8.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 85. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.
- ↑ Erin M. Evans (December 2015). Ashes of the Tyrant. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 17. ISBN 978-0786965731.