|This article or section includes a list of references or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks in-text citations.
You can improve this article by introducing more precise citations.
Alhoons combine powerful wizardry and sorcery with their innate skill at psionics to become a new threat to the established order of the Underdark and beyond. Their skin possesses none of the wet, smooth, slimy texture of living illithids, instead appearing dry, wrinkled, and cracked due to the powerful magic resistance that has prevented a perfect conversion to lichdom.
Alhoons are ignored, feared, and hated by mortal illithids due to their rejection of the illithid circle of life, culminating with the physical and psychic merging with an Elder Brain.
- Steven E. Schend (1998). The Fall of Myth Drannor. (TSR, Inc). ISBN 0-7869-1235-9.
- Eric L. Boyd (1999). Drizzt Do'Urden's Guide to the Underdark. (TSR, Inc), p. 22. ISBN 0-7869-1509-9.
- James Wyatt and Rob Heinsoo (February 2001). Monster Compendium: Monsters of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 89–90. ISBN 0-7869-1832-2.
- Ed Greenwood (1993). Ruins of Myth Drannor. (TSR, Inc). ISBN 1-5607-6569-0.
- Richard Lee Byers (August 2003). Dissolution. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0-7869-2944-8.