In 1370 DR, Count Vartan Thrynnar ruled Alonmarch from his castle of Thynnar's Hold atop Komar's Hill. He was one of a small number of rulers who maintained his holdings throughout the Tethyrian Interregnum.
Alonmarch was one of the few stable areas of the country during the unrest of the Tethyrian Interregnum, because Count Vartan Thrynnar went out of his way to protect his tenant peasants, permitting some of them to even take refuge in Thrynnar's Hold.
The region had traditionally been the site of many monster uprisings, as was the case with much of eastern Tethyr. In 1370 DR, because of the conflict with Teldorn Darkhope southeast in Kzelter and the defection of two cities from Amn in the north, many of the needed troops had been pulled out of the area.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Steven E. Schend (1997). Lands of Intrigue: Book One: Tethyr. (TSR, Inc.), p. 89. ISBN 0-7869-0697-9.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 157. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Steven E. Schend (1997). Lands of Intrigue: Book One: Tethyr. (TSR, Inc.), p. 90. ISBN 0-7869-0697-9.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend (1997). Lands of Intrigue: Book One: Tethyr (back cover). (TSR, Inc.). ISBN 0-7869-0697-9.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Steven E. Schend (1997). Lands of Intrigue: Book One: Tethyr. (TSR, Inc.), p. 38. ISBN 0-7869-0697-9.
Duchy of Cape Velen: Firedrake • Fyraven • Greenshores ~ Duchy Noromath ~ Duchy Durmista
Principality of Ankramir
Duchy Kamlann: Starspur • Uluran ~ The Purple Marches: Vintor • Bardshyr • Elemetar ~ Duchy Ankaram: Calimmon • Monteshi
The Crown Lands
Ithmonn • Rivershire • Varyth • Spellshire
The Golden Marches: Valashar • Hazamarch • Morninggold ~ Duchy of Suretmarch: Alonmarch • The Mir Protectorate • Surkazar