Androsphinxes (ÆN-dro-sfink-ses) were the males of the sphinx species. They were physically powerful creatures with inherent magical powers and a terrifying roar. While they tended to be short-tempered and terse, androsphinxes possessed good-natured ideals and always attempted to do the right thing.
Androsphinxes were favored by the elven deities Aerdrie Faenya and Solonor Thelandira, the dwarven god Vergadain, the Mulhorandi god Horus-Re, and the god Nobanion. They would sometimes send them as messengers to her followers.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Wizards RPG Team (2014). Monster Manual 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 280–281. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 d20 System Reference Document v3.5
- ↑ Frank Mentzer (January 1985). “Ay pronunseeAYshun gyd”. In Kim Mohan ed. Dragon #93 (TSR, Inc.), p. 25.
- ↑ Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual 3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. p232–233. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ Sean K. Reynolds (2002-05-04). Deity Do's and Don'ts (Zipped PDF). Wizards of the Coast. pp. 8,10,12–14. Retrieved on 2009-10-07.