Angels, also known as the aasimon (pronounced: /ˈæsɛmʌn/ ASS-eh-mun), were celestials of varying humanoid form that hailed from any of the celestial planes. They were the traditional enemies of all manner of fiends.
Although not all angels were capable of seeing through the darkness unhindered, many were. Several were also immune to the effects of acid, cold, petrification, or somewhat resistant to electricity, fire, or poison. Angels were generally capable of speaking the language of any creature they came across, even if they did not know it inherently.
All angels were honest beings, who found lying or cheating abhorrent. Likewise, it was against the nature of angels to steal from others and angels were typically honorable and trustworthy in all their dealings.
Types of AngelsEdit
- Warrior angels sometimes sent on missions to the Material Plane.
- Celestial stewards of the gods. There were three different subraces of devas: astral devas, monadic devas, and movanic devas.
- Mighty blue- or green-skinned warriors in the celestial armies that also helped powerful mortals on missions of good, particularly those that involved battles with fiends.
- The most powerful of the angels, usually close attendants to a deity or champions of some cosmically beneficent task.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Wizards RPG Team (2014). Monster Manual 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 15–18. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual 3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 10–12. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ J. Paul LaFountain (1991). Monstrous Compendium: Outer Planes Appendix. Edited by Timothy B. Brown. (TSR, Inc.). ISBN 1-56076-055-9.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb, Bruce R. Cordell, David Noonan (September 2001). Manual of the Planes 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 162. ISBN 0-7869-1850-8.