|This article or section includes a list of references or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks in-text citations.
You can improve this article by introducing more precise citations.
Antipathy is an enchantment spell repels certain creatures from an object or location.
You cause an object or location to emanate magical vibrations that repel either a specific type of intelligent creature or creatures of a particular alignment, as defined by you. The particular type of creature to be affected must be named specifically (e.g. red dragons, hill giants, wererats, lammasu, cloakers, or vampires. Larger groups, such as "goblinoids," are not specific enough. Likewise, the specific alignment must be named, for example, chaotic evil, chaotic good, lawful neutral, or true neutral.
Creatures of the designated type or alignment feel an overpowering urge to leave the area or to avoid the affected item. A compulsion forces them to abandon the area or item, shunning it and never willingly returning to it while the spell is in effect. A creature who makes a successful saving throw can stay in the area or touch the item, but feels very uncomfortable doing so. This distracting discomfort reduces the creature's Dexterity score by 4 points.
Antipathy counters and dispels sympathy.
This spell cannot be cast upon living creatures.
A lump of alum soaked in vinegar.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 207–211,214. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 62–66. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 188. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ Richard Baker (1996). Player's Option: Spells & Magic. (TSR, Inc), p. 185. ISBN 0-7869-0394-5.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 153. ISBN 978-1560763581.
- Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (August 2000). Player's Handbook 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0-7869-1551-4.
- Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 62–66. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.