Arauthator was orphaned as a wyrmling when his entire family were slaughtered by the archmage Tulrun in 940 DR. He spent much of his early life plotting revenge against his family's killer. In 1279 DR, Arauthator sent the first of many waves of attackers against Tulrun's Tent, his enemy's stronghold. Ten years later, Tulrun met Arauthator face-to-face, not looking to kill him, but to parley. Arauthator agreed not to attack the civilised parts of the Silver Marches in exchange for Tulrun leaving him alone.
Arauthator gained fame in 1324 DR for slaying the red dragon Rathalylaug above the city of Neverwinter as well as the sorceress Shareera when he smashed her tower in his triumph. He was also known for killing the Hosttower mage Phaurothlin over a netherese spellbook and the blue dragon Eltagrathuuloor during a visit to a Magefair in Var the Golden.
Arauthator was among the dozen or so dragons that attacked the Host Tower of the Arcane in Luskan because of Sammaster's Rage of Dragons in 1373 DR. When part of the tower fell, Arauthator made off with a good deal of magical items, including a few powerful, priceless tomes.
Arauthator's mother was the "Spawn of Auril", Sneighfanglen. She, her mate and all of Arauthator's siblings were killed.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Ed Greenwood (June 1996). “Wyrms of the North: Arauthator”. Dragon #230 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 37–40.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Eric L. Boyd, Eytan Bernstein (August 2006). Dragons of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 42. ISBN 0-7869-3923-0.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Wizards RPG Team (2014). The Rise of Tiamat. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 27. ISBN 978-0786965657.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (September 2014). Rise of the King. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0-7869-6515-0.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (March 2014). Night of the Hunter. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 288. ISBN 0-7869-6511-8.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (March 2014). Night of the Hunter. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 9. ISBN 0-7869-6511-8.