Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||Arcane Power is the latest in a line of player-friendly supplements offering hundreds of new options for D&D characters. This tome focuses on the arcane heroes: characters who wield strange and mysterious spells and rely on their mastery of magic for survival.||”|
Arcane Power is a 4th edition Dungeons & Dragons sourcebook intended as supplementary rules for players playing as characters using the arcane power source, such as wizards or warlocks. It covers all of the officially released classes of the arcane power source, including swordmages, to that point but not later released ones, such as the artificer class. In addition to providing new builds, the book also comes with new feats, rituals, paragon paths, and epic destinies as well as rules for using familiars. Although a book mostly built on game mechanics and rules, also known as "crunch," the book contains a small amount of lore to provide players with a context for their class, such as details on how different races play out different classes.
The book is organized into seven chapters, as follow:
- Introduction - This foreword gives players a brief glimpse at what the book details, as well as how to integrate new material into an already running game.
- Bards — This chapter focuses solely on bards, introducing the prescient bard build as well as new paragon paths such as the euphonic bow or life singer.
- Sorcerers — This chapter introduces two new sorcerer power origins, the cosmic and storm sorcerers along with new paragon paths, such as the blizzard mage and the primordial channeler.
- Swordmages — More options for the Forgotten Realms swordmage class are included here such as the ensnaring swordmage build or sigil carver and sword of assault paragon paths.
- Warlocks — A new warlock pact, an adaptation of the 3.5 binder class known as the vestige pact, is introduced in this chapter, along with new paragon paths such as the god fragment or storm scorge.
- Wizards — Two new wizard builds, the illusionist and summoning wizard are presented in this chapter, along with a new implement type, the tome, and a new type of orb. Additionally, new paragon paths such as the arcane wayfarer and rimetongue caller are introduced.
- Arcane Options — Additional character options are presented here, such as how to use familiars in 4th edition, new feats, and new epic destinies, such as the archlich.