By touching a closed door, window, gate or other entryway, the caster would lock it. The caster could pick a creature type or even a password that would allow them to open the locked entryway.
Unwanted visitors could enter only if the object was broken or if the spell was suppressed. The spell could be suppressed by a knock spell and the suppression lasted for 10 minutes. When the spell was active, the lock was harder to pick or break.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 207–211,215. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 147. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ Richard Baker (1996). Player's Option: Spells & Magic. (TSR, Inc), p. 180. ISBN 0-7869-0394-5.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 152. ISBN 978-1560763581.
- ↑ Skip Williams (2000). Conversion Manual. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 16.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 215. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.