He was originally trained in the Art at Blackstaff Tower by Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsun. In his youth, Thrul bargained with Kossuth, god of fire, to aid the Red Wizards during the Salamander War. Their victory led to the capture of the Priador march and the appointing of Thrul as its tharchion.
In the wake of becoming the tharchion of Priador, Aznar Thrul captured the former tharchion Mari Agneh and kept her as his slave and sexual play-thing. In 1375 DR, Mari was transformed by the blood fiend Tsagoth into his likeness and finally killed Thrul.
On page 278 of the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition, Aznar is quoted as being chaotic evil, but in a later book, Unapproachable East, page 168, he is lawful evil. It also changes two of his archmage levels to epic wizard levels.
- Perilous Gateways: Portals of Thay - The Portal of Fire, a free web supplement by Robert Wiese (2002).
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 278. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Richard Baker, Matt Forbeck, Sean K. Reynolds (May 2003). Unapproachable East. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 168. ISBN 0-7869-2881-6.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Anthony Pryor (1995). Spellbound (Campaign Guide). (TSR, Inc), p. 115. ISBN 978-0786901395.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd (June 2005). City of Splendors: Waterdeep. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 24. ISBN 0-7869-3693-2.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Richard Lee Byers (April 2007). Unclean. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 978-0-7869-4258-9.
- ↑ Richard Lee Byers (April 2007). Unclean. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 233. ISBN 978-0-7869-4258-9.