Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The 45th layer appeared as a windswept steppe with a continual gray sky. All sounds were muted and faded into the background noise, even the most terrible screams. The landscape was remarkably unremarkable—details bled together until it was nearly impossible to tell where one was going or where one had been and travelers rarely remembered anything of the lands and towns they had visited during their journeys, though people, creatures, and objects could be remembered as normal. The 45th layer was also home to the Viper Forest of Zrintor.
The 46th layer shone with its own luminosity, projecting light and shadows upwards into the sky—the sky itself was dark and turned gray at night.
The 47th layer glowed under the light of a blue sun. Heat and cold had an unusual relationship on this plane and often acted opposite to what was expected. Fire burned blue and purple and cold magic instead became hot. The tanar'ri here were hurt by fire but became immune to cold. The blue light of the sun made it difficult to discern the features of an individual and so it was frequently used by visitors to help disguise themselves.
Azzagrat was probably the Abyssal layer that was most friendly to merchants. Those looking to do business were sometimes given a retinue of alu-fiends and/or cambions or tieflings to protect them during their visit. Those who intended to do harm to merchants within Azzagrat were reprimanded or eaten.
- Karnacki the Quick
- ↑ Ed Stark, James Jacobs, Erik Mona (June 13, 2006). Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 120. ISBN 0-7869-3919-2.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Template:Cite book/Planes of Chaos/The Book of Chaos
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Ed Stark, James Jacobs, Erik Mona (June 13, 2006). Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 119. ISBN 0-7869-3919-2.
- ↑ Ed Stark, James Jacobs, Erik Mona (June 13, 2006). Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 118. ISBN 0-7869-3919-2.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Ed Stark, James Jacobs, Erik Mona (June 13, 2006). Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 121. ISBN 0-7869-3919-2.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 6.6 Monte Cook (Oct 2002). Book of Vile Darkness. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 131. ISBN 0-7869-0672-3.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Template:Cite book/Planes of Chaos/The Book of Chaos