A badger was a squat, furry mustelid with a distinctive white stripe from the tip of its long nose to the back of its head and white cheeks. Expert diggers, badgers were also notorious for their fury when threatened; despite their small size, when angered their strong bite and sharp claws could be highly dangerous.
Badgers were admired by the gnome race and could often be seen serving as "watchdogs" for rock gnome homes. They were also favored by rangers and druids as animal companions. The gods Garl Glittergold, Geb, Rillifane Rallathil, Sheela Peryroyl, Silvanus, and Tempus often chose badgers to act as symbols of their favor to their followers.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual 3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 268. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ Jeremy Crawford, Mike Mearls, James Wyatt (March 2009). Player's Handbook 2. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 11. ISBN 0-7869-5016-4.
- ↑ Reynolds, Forbeck, Jacobs, Boyd (March 2003). Races of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 57. ISBN 0-7869-2875-1.
- ↑ Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 35,48. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ Sean K. Reynolds (2002). Deity Do's and Don'ts. A Faiths and Pantheons Web Enhancement p. 8,10-15. Wizards of the Coast. Retrieved on 2014-09-22.
|This article is a stub. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by expanding it.|