Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is the first in a series of role-playing games developed exclusively for game consoles. It was developed by Snowblind Studios and released for the PlayStation 2 in 2001, with versions for the Xbox and Nintendo GameCube releasing in 2002. A Game Boy Advance version of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance was also released in 2004, by Magic Pockets. The sequel to the game, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II, was developed by Black Isle Studios for the PlayStation 2 and Xbox, releasing in 2004.
The player must choose between one of three (or five) characters:
- Vahn : Human Arcane archer
- Adrianna : Elven sorceress
- Kromlech : Dwarven fighter
- Drizzt Do'Urden : Drow ranger (Bonus character)
The game starts when the player character arrives in the city of Baldur's Gate, after a dangerous journey. Shortly after arrival the player is attacked and robbed, and is brought to an inn by guards to recover. There, the first hints about a great evil hiding in Baldur's Gate are revealed, and the player(s) is recruited by the Harpers to uncover a sinister plot by demonic forces.
- ankheg • beholder • bugbear • displacer beast • drow • dwarf • fire elemental • frost giant • gargoyle • gnoll • golem • half-elf • human • imp • kobold • minotaur • ooze • rat • spider • troll • umber hulk • white dragon • will-o'-wisp • wolf • yeti • zombie
|Baldur's Gate series|
|Baldur's Gate||Tales of the Sword Coast • Enhanced Edition • Siege of Dragonspear • Baldur's Gate: The Black Pits|
|Baldur's Gate II||Throne of Bhaal • Enhanced Edition|
|Novelizations||Baldur's Gate • Shadows of Amn • Throne of Bhaal|
|Dark Alliance||Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance • Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II|