The Baldur's Gate series of computer games by BioWare Corp and the now-defunct Black Isle Studios have become some of the most respected computer roleplaying games to date. Followed by a trilogy of novels that weren't received nearly as well, the games are still played by a large, devoted group. The modding community is also still fairly vibrant as are the official (and several unofficial) forums.
Games in the Baldur's Gate seriesEdit
- Baldur's Gate
- The original, released in 1998.
- Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast
- An expansion pack for the original game.
- Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
- The sequel to Baldur's Gate, released in 2000.
- Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal
- An expansion pack for Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, adding a large amount of gameplay, released in 2001.
- Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
- A remake of the 2000 video game Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn and its expansion. It was released in 2013.
- Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
- A Baldur's Gate-themed game for consoles, released 2001-2002. A hack & slash RPG adventure with two-player co-op.
- Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II
- The sequel to Dark Alliance released for consoles in 2004.
- "Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance III" (Cancelled)
- Cancelled during production after legal issues with the D&D brand holders and internal issues with the development studio, meant to be released in 2005.