In 1485 DR, Balor was accosted by the goddess Lolth, who was then allied with Balor's greatest rival, the balor Errtu. Lolth destroyed his minions, poisoned him, and entrapped him in a web cocoon. She did this as part of her agreement with Errtu to get rid of demon lords in the Abyss in return for his aid in her plan to weaken the barriers between the Abyss and the Prime Material Plane.
Balor carried a flaming whip.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 R.A. Salvatore (September 2015). Archmage. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 1. ISBN 0-7869-6575-4.
- ↑ Frank Mentzer (January 1985). “Ay pronunseeAYshun gyd”. In Kim Mohan ed. Dragon #93 (TSR, Inc.), p. 25.
- ↑ Gary Gygax (1977). Monster Manual. (TSR, Inc), p. 19. ISBN 0-9356-9600-8.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (September 2015). Archmage. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 1–2. ISBN 0-7869-6575-4.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (September 2015). Archmage. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0-7869-6575-4.