|The information in this may not be accurate.
Need to correct mistaken identity of "BRJ" and confirm the non-canonical section. Please help improve this by checking the sources and fixing any errors, or removing this tag it it all checks out. This article has been tagged since 09:58, May 6, 2017 (UTC). If you are using this information for your own research, campaign, or general interest, you should not rely on its accuracy.
|This requires cleanup. Reason: Needs formatting
Please discuss this issue on the talk page and improve it if you can. This has been tagged since 09:58, May 6, 2017 (UTC).
Batrachi were an amphibious race that are counted as one of the Creator Races.
- -33500 DR : The batrachi found kingdoms of their own.
- -31500 DR : The batrachi grew to the height of their power under their "High One" Zhoukoudien. Their golden time ended with the High One being killed by Omo, the titan thane of Jotunbrud. He was considered wise by historians, but BRJ claimed he was a foolish ruler whose carelessness eventually was the cause of squandering their empire Kolophoon.
- -31000 DR : The batrachi unleashed several once-imprisoned primordials against Annam, lord of giants and titans, and his colossal brood. The gods, furiously opposed the primordials which leads to catastrophic disaster across all of Toril, including an ice moon dropped on the world. Before the world was destroyed, Ao splits the world into two twin worlds, slightly out of phase with one another. One is called Abeir, and dominion over this twin of Toril is given to the primordials. Toril, the original world is placed under divine rule.  According to BRJ, many batrachi left Toril for Limbo after a cold period called Seven-Turn Winter. In Limbo, the batrachi were changed, at least for the second time in their history, into something by Ramenos to serve the frog-god's agenda. They created the Supreme Throne as their kingdom.
It was discovered by illithids in 1370 DR that the batrachi ruled at least as far north as the Black Sea and as far south as Lopango. The Sea of Fallen Stars was created from four separate bodies of water when a moon-part dropped on the batrachi realm of Kolophoon.
(BRJ refers to Brian R. James, an author. The batrachi lord in question is Bazim-Gorag the Firebringer, not "BRJ")
The Batrachi EmpiresEditKolophoon, Boitumelo, Nadezhda, Zhoukoudien and Pourounkorokale were the Batrachi Empires.
Pourounkorokale was located underneath the Shining Sea. The tako ruled over tribes of kuo-toa, locathah, and other species of aquatic batrachi. Pourounkorokale fell after the fall of the other Batrachi empires due to dragon attacks and the betrayal by their sahuagin allies. Survivors fled through the Strait of Lopango into the Sea of Corynactis.
The abolethic Kolophoon Sovereignty ruled over the lands surrounding and beneath the modern day Wizards Reach and Alamber Sea. Kopru and froghemoth were their servitors. Presumably these batrachi opened the first gates to the Far Realm and unleashed the Abolethic Sovereignty upon Abeir-Toril.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 8. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 5. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 86. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.
- ↑ Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 41. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.