Battledale was one of the dales in the Dalelands. Despite its name earned long ago, it was one of the more peaceful vales in the 14th & 15th centuries DR. Even though Battledale was one of the largest dales, it was also one of the least populated. Until 1422 DR, its capital was Essembra.
Important Locations Edit
On 7 Elesias 1373 DR, the red dragon Thraxata started many fires in Battledale, causing a large amount of woodland to be destroyed. In 1422 DR Battledale came under attack from Sembians allied with Netheril which forced evacuation of Essembra.
- Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 120–123. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 108. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 120. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd (April 2007). “Volo's Guide: Cormanthor: War Amidst the Trees”. Dragon #354 (Paizo Publishing, LLC), p. 71.
- ↑ Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 154. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.