For seven years, Bidderdoo was trapped in the form of a dog due to a backfired spell. During the Time of Troubles, the family (or he himself) later found a way to turn him back to human form but during the war between Mithral Hall and Menzoberranzan in 1358 DR, he had defensive animal urges that eventually took over, turning him into a silver werewolf. Upon his first true transformation into a werewolf, he killed Uthegental Armgo, saving Thibbledorf Pwent and the remaining forces of the Gutbuster Brigade.
Bidderdoo's "legacy" was a number of werewolves that lived around the town of Longsaddle by 1479 DR, unintentionally scaring the townsfolk but in fact guarding the town. These werewolves were known as "the Bidderdoos." Whether they are descendants of Bidderdoo by blood or by curse was unknown.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 R.A. Salvatore (August 1995). Siege of Darkness. (TSR, Inc), p. 156. ISBN 1-7869-0164-0.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Philip Athans (2008). A Reader's Guide to R. A. Salvatore's the Legend of Drizzt. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 93. ISBN 0-7869-4915-5.
- ↑ Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 142. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (August 1995). Siege of Darkness. (TSR, Inc), p. 287. ISBN 1-7869-0164-0.
- ↑ Warning: edition not specified for The Companions