There were several versions of this spell. The later version could be cast at any creature (living or undead) within 30 ft (9.1 m) and rendered them blind or deaf for up to one minute. The target continually attempted to resist the magic of this spell, and the stronger its constitution, the more likely it would recover before the minute was up. If cast at a higher level, more creatures could be targeted.
The older version of this spell had a much longer range (a minimum of 120 ft or 36.6 m) and the target only got one chance to resist or was struck blind or deaf permanently. This magically-induced condition could only be reversed by a remove blindness or deafness spell, or more powerful magics. Only living creatures were affected by this spell.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 207–211, 219. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ Wizards RPG Team (2014). Dungeon Master's Guide 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 96. ISBN 978-0786965622.
- ↑ Kim Mohan ed. (2015). Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 139. ISBN 978-0786965809.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 206. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 62. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Richard Baker, James Wyatt (March 2004). Player's Guide to Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 85. ISBN 0-7869-3134-5.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 140. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 152. ISBN 978-1560763581.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 219. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ Skip Williams (2000). Conversion Manual. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 15.