Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This requires cleanup.
Please discuss this issue on the talk page and improve it if you can.
Blueflame ghosts are spirits which are imprisoned within blueflame magic items. Some members of the adventuring group The Nine are among the blueflame ghosts. The term comes from the magical blue flames that surround the ghosts. The owner of the item containing a blueflame ghost may call the spirit forth and force it to do his bidding which is usually to kill someone. At least seven blueflame ghosts were known to exist and there may be many others.
Larloch created the blueflame items with the help of the Imprisoners by binding the spirits of three liches to the items. Each of the items possesses its own power when the ghost is imprisoned but the power is dormant when the ghost is outside the item. Part of the goddess Mystra's power is bound to the items and The Simbul believes it may be possible to bring Mystra back through the blueflame items.
Known blueflame ItemsEdit
- Axe - Mirt, a Masked Lord of Waterdeep was hastily imprisoned inside a blueflame axe prior to the Spellplague. In his haste, the mage failed to bind Mirt to the item. When Mirt was called forth from the axe by the young noble Marlin Stormserpent, he simply fled into Suzail.
- Belt Buckle - This item was owned by a noble of Cormyr. Its name and the spirit contained inside are unknown. Elminster and Storm Silverhand took the buckle and used it to restore the Simbul to sanity.
- Fang of Baerovus - Dagger hidden in the haunted wing of the Royal Palace in Suzail. Targrael took the dagger and attempted to use it to heal herself.
- Flying Blade - Contains the spirit of Relve Langral, one of The Nine. The blade was an heirloom owned by the Stormserpent family of Suzail but was taken by Cymmarraa.
- Wyverntongue Chalice - Treth Halonter's Spirit resides in this item. It was hidden in the haunted wing of the Royal Palace for many years until Marlin Stormserpent stole it. The chalice was taken by Cymmarraa when she killed Marlin.