|Wikipedia has an article about:|
Boars are covered in thick fur, often brown or grayish in color. The exact size of a boar varies from species to species, from roughly human size to roughly the mass of an ogre or similarly sized creature. All varieties of boars are armed with sharp tusks that jut out from beneath their snout and which are capable of causing serious injury. Boars also have a highly developed sense of smell. 
Though not predatory by nature, boars are ill-tempered and territorial, a combination made worse by boars’ powerful musculature and sharp tusks.
Boars usually travel in groups known as sounders.
There are several species of boar, some of which are listed below.
- Dire boar
- Larger than usual boars with increased aggression.
- The domestic variant of boars, raised for livestock.
- Thunderfury boar
- The fey derivative of boars, which are far more ferocious than their Prime kin.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Mike Mearls, Stephen Schubert, James Wyatt (June 2008). Monster Manual 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 35. ISBN 978-0-7869-4852-9.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet and Monte Cook (October 2000). Monster Manual 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 194. ISBN 0-7869-1552-1.