|This article or section includes a list of references or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks in-text citations.
You can improve this article by introducing more precise citations.
Brandobaris was the halfling deity of thievery and an exarch of Sheela Peryroyl. He was the misapprehensions of halflings held by most races in divine form. He was constantly scheming and meddling, as he was curious and with a short attention span. Where the tall races would put more interest in one's purse than his character, Brandobaris cared for character more. Brandobaris had few enemies, as his charm and wits allowed him to escape from trouble.
Brandobaris' worshipers were usually lightfoot halflings who shared his curiosity. His stories were often adored by children who were raised with the stories of his exploits. Strongheart halfling communities often discouraged his worship as it was associated with an undisciplined lifestyle and thievery. Ghostwise halflings saw him as the perversion of civilized society.
Brandobaris had relations with Tymora, which was likely the reason for his luck. Brandobaris also got on well with the rest of his pantheon. The other way around, however, was not the case. Garl Glittergold, Erevan Ilesere, Tymora, and Brandobaris formed an informal group of mischief, which sometimes worked on the nerves of more serious gods, such as Helm. Vergadain, Baervan Wildwanderer, and Quorlinn enjoyed his friendship as well. Mask had Brandobaris' respect for his skill, however his cruelty prevented them from forming a friendship. Brandobaris' exploits led to the enmity of Beshaba and Urdlen. For Abbathor, Brandobaris had no love, as he only cared about the gold.
Furthermore, there are stories about him tricking dragons and escaping from hordes of devils with bags of their treasure. His greatest tale would likely be how he snuck into Myrkul's Bone Citadel to save thousands of innocents and left a vase of flowers in return and some erotically shaped chocolate candies.
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Eric L. Boyd, Erik Mona (May 2002). Faiths and Pantheons. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 138–139. ISBN 0-7869-2759-3.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Kim Mohan ed. (2015). Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 23,110. ISBN 978-0786965809.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 62–63. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 64,81. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 240. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Eric L. Boyd (1998). Demihuman Deities. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 166–168. ISBN 0-7869-1239-1.
- ↑ Sean K. Reynolds (2002). Deity Do's and Don'ts. A Faiths and Pantheons Web Enhancement. Wizards of the Coast. p. 10. Retrieved on 2014-09-22.
- Roger E. Moore (March 1982). “The Gods of the Halflings”. In Kim Mohan ed. Dragon #59 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 52–55.
- Chris Perry (January 1992). “Defenders of the Hearth”. In Roger E. Moore ed. Dragon #177 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 82–88.
|Deities of the Era of Upheaval|
|Ao the Overgod|
|Greater Deities of Faerûn|
|Angharradh | Bane | Chauntea | Corellon Larethian | Cyric | Garl Glittergold | Gruumsh | Horus-Re | Kelemvor | Lathander | Moradin | Mystra | Oghma | Shar | Silvanus | Sune | Talos | Tempus | Tyr | Yondalla|
|Intermediate Deities of Faerûn|
|Abbathor | Arvoreen | Baervan Wildwanderer | Berronar Truesilver | Beshaba | Callarduran Smoothhands | Clangeddin Silverbeard | Cyrrollalee | Deep Duerra | Deep Sashelas | Dumathoin | Erevan Ilesere | Flandal Steelskin | Gond | Hanali Celanil | Helm | Ilmater | Isis | Labelas Enoreth | Laduguer | Lolth | Mask | Mielikki | Nephthys | Osiris | Rillifane Rallathil | Sehanine Moonbow | Segojan Earthcaller | Selûne | Set | Sharindlar | Sheela Peryroyl | Solonor Thelandira | Thoth | |Tymora | Umberlee | Urdlen | Vergadain|
|Deities of the Age of Humanity|
|Ao the Overgod|
|Major Deities of Faerûn|
|Angharradh | Bane | Bhaal | Chauntea | Corellon Larethian | Garl Glittergold | Gruumsh | Horus-Re | Lathander | Moradin | Myrkul | Mystra | Oghma | Shar | Silvanus | Sune | Talos | Tempus | Tyr | Yondalla|
|Other Deities of Faerûn|
|Auppenser | Abbathor | Arvoreen | Auril | Baervan Wildwanderer | Berronar Truesilver | Beshaba | Callarduran Smoothhands | Clangeddin Silverbeard | Cyrrollalee | Deep Duerra | Deep Sashelas | Dumathoin | Erevan Ilesere | Flandal Steelskin | Gond | Hanali Celanil | Helm | Ilmater | Isis | Labelas Enoreth | Laduguer | Lolth | Mask | Mielikki | Nephthys | Osiris | Rillifane Rallathil | Sehanine Moonbow | Segojan Earthcaller | Selûne | Set | Sharindlar | Sheela Peryroyl | Solonor Thelandira | Thoth | Tymora | Umberlee | Urdlen | Vergadain|