Brown dragons, also known as great desert dragons, were ferocious dragons that lived under the desert sands.
They had sand colored scales, though unlike other types of dragon their scales were leathery. They had small webbed claws and very large, long mouths. Unlike most other types of dragons, they were wingless. To make up for this, they are the most adept diggers, speeding under loose sand very fast.
Brown dragons preferred ambushes to straightforward fighting, often they buried themselves in the sand and waited for prey. They attacked with great fury.
A brown dragon typically lived in a large cave or underground chamber, deep under the desert sand.
A brown dragon's diet consisted of minerals, mostly sand, but they loved horseflesh.
Known brown dragonsEdit
- ↑ James Wyatt and Rob Heinsoo (February 2001). Monster Compendium: Monsters of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 38–39. ISBN 0-7869-1832-2.
- ↑ Rich Baker and James Wyatt (2004-03-13). Monster Update (Zipped PDF). Wizards of the Coast. p. 3. Retrieved on 2009-10-07.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 James Wyatt and Rob Heinsoo (February 2001). Monster Compendium: Monsters of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 39. ISBN 0-7869-1832-2.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd, Eytan Bernstein (August 2006). Dragons of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 145. ISBN 0-7869-3923-0.
- ↑ BioWare (2001). James Ohlen, Kevin Martens. Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal. Black Isle Studios.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd (1997). Powers and Pantheons. (TSR, Inc), p. p145. ISBN 0-7869-0657-X.