Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||High in the Snowflake Mountains sits the Edificant Library, a place of scholarly study for priests, bards, and others. Now from the hidden vaults beneath the library a devastating curse is unleashed, and a young cleric must battle the terrifying creatures set loose by a malevolent, consuming essence.||”|
In this novel, the wizard Aballister Bonaduce creates the Chaos Curse, a horrible potion that makes people need to fulfill their deepest most personal desire without regard to the consequence. A priest of Talona, Barjin, takes the potion from Aballister and brings it to the Edificant Library, an enemy of Castle Trinity, where Aballister and Barjin work. Barjin makes his way to the library, sneaks into the cellar of the building, and is able to release the ever-smoking potion unto the library with the unknowing help of the priest Cadderly. The library deteriorates into pandemonium, but Cadderly, his good friend Danica Maupoissant, the two dwarven brothers Ivan and Pikel Bouldershoulder, as well as a druid named Newander travel down to the altar of Barjin and kill him, saving, for the time, the library.
|This section is a stub. You can help us by expanding it.|
An audio book version of this novel does exist, with an introduction by R. A. Salvatore, explaining how it came to be, fan response, and other information about it.
- Cadderly Bonaduce; (Human Cleric Male)
- Aballister Bonaduce; (Human Wizard Male)
- Druzil; (Imp Male)
- Barjin; (Human Cleric Male)
- Ivan Bouldershoulder; (Dwarf Male)
- Pikel Bouldershoulder; (Dwarf Male)
- Newander; (Human Druid Male)
- Danica Maupoissant; (Human Monk Female)
- Kierkan Rufo; (Human Cleric Male)
- Dorigen Kel Lamond; (Human Wizard Female)
- Chaunticleer; (Human Male)
- Dean Thobicus; (Human Male)
- Headmistress Pertelope; (Human Female)
- Prince Khalif; (Human Male) (As a Mummy)
- Mullivy; (Human Male)
- Histra; (Human Female)
- Vicero Belago; (Human Male)
- Headmaster Avery Schell; (Human Male)
- Arcite; (Human Druid Male)
- Cleo; (Human Druid Male)
- Shannon; (Human Druid Female) (Mentioned only)
- Ragnor; (Ogrillon Male)
- Haverly; (Human Male)
- Percival; (Squirrel Male)
- Elbereth; (Wild Elf Male) (Epilogue only)
- Grandmaster Penpahg D'Ahn; (Human Monk Male) (Mentioned only)
- ↑ Ed Greenwood; Eric L. Boyd, Steven E. Schend (2000). Presenting...Seven Millennia of Realms Fiction. Wizards of the Coast. Retrieved on 2015-08-12.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (February 2002). Canticle. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 5–7. ISBN 0-7869-1604-4.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (February 2002). Canticle. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 50–55. ISBN 0-7869-1604-4.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (February 2002). Canticle. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 75–90. ISBN 0-7869-1604-4.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (February 2002). Canticle. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 170–220. ISBN 0-7869-1604-4.