Cape Velen encompassed the Dragon's Neck Peninsula, which was also called the Velen Peninsula or the Tethyr Peninsula. Most of the settled land was on the coast; the interior of the peninsula was forested and connected to the Forest of Tethir to the east.
The founding clans of Tethyr originated in this part of the country.
The coast of Cape Velen was struck by an immense tidal wave on Midsummer Night in the Year of Silent Screams, -133 DR. The flooding killed a large percentage of the population of the peninsula and destoryed the city of Velen.
Cape Velen was said to have been infested with ghosts. The people living there, however, did not seem much bothered by this.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend (1997). Lands of Intrigue: Book One: Tethyr. (TSR, Inc.), p. 1. ISBN 0-7869-0697-9.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Steven E. Schend (1997). Lands of Intrigue: Book One: Tethyr. (TSR, Inc.), p. 57. ISBN 0-7869-0697-9.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 157. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Scott Haring (1988). Empires of the Sands. (TSR, Inc), p. 40. ISBN 0-8803-8539-1.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Steven E. Schend (1997). Lands of Intrigue: Book One: Tethyr (back cover). (TSR, Inc.). ISBN 0-7869-0697-9.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend and Dale Donovan (September 1998). Empires of the Shining Sea. (TSR, Inc), pp. 21–22. ISBN 978-0786912377.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend (1997). Lands of Intrigue: Book Three: Erlkazar & Folk of Intrigue. (TSR, Inc), p. 24. ISBN 0-7869-0697-9.
Duchy of Cape Velen: Firedrake • Fyraven • Greenshores ~ Duchy Noromath ~ Duchy Durmista
Principality of Ankramir
Duchy Kamlann: Starspur • Uluran ~ The Purple Marches: Vintor • Bardshyr • Elemetar ~ Duchy Ankaram: Calimmon • Monteshi
The Crown Lands
Ithmonn • Rivershire • Varyth • Spellshire
The Golden Marches: Valashar • Hazamarch • Morninggold ~ Duchy of Suretmarch: Alonmarch • The Mir Protectorate • Surkazar