|Area||Maerimydra, the Deep Wastes, Underdark|
|Ruler|| House Chûmavh (formerly)|
Irae T'sarran in 1372 DR
Standing atop a 100-ft-high (30 m) plateau, the elegant curves and fluted battlements of this castle represented the epitome of drow aesthetics. At 250-ft (76 m) tall and comprising seven floors, Castle Maerimydra was by far the the largest noble house in Maerimydra.
It comprised three basic structures: the Great Tower, the Lesser Tower and the South Column.
Originally, the castle housed the hundreds of drow that comprised House Chûmavh until the Silence of Lolth and the betrayal of the city's Archmage brought ruin to the drow city. The armies of Kurgoth Hellspawn attacked the city and, as the surviving loyalists of House Chûmavh barred themselves inside Castle Maerimydra, the fire giants, demons, and goblinoids besieged it.
However, on Elient 28, 1372 DR, Irae T'sarran, the leader of the cult of Kiaransalee in Maerimydra, gathered her followers to her and slaughtered the remaining Lolth-worshiping drow of House Chûmavh and seized the castle for her own. This was much to the annoyance of the Jaezred Chaulssin, who also plotted to seize control of the city.
The castle was warded by a powerful forbiddance spell that prevented most creatures from entering without the proper password. The walls of the castle itself were magically strengthened to make them even harder to breach.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 James Wyatt (September 2002). City of the Spider Queen. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 77–78. ISBN 0-7869-1212-X.
- ↑ James Wyatt (September 2002). City of the Spider Queen. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 73. ISBN 0-7869-1212-X.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 James Wyatt (September 2002). City of the Spider Queen. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 6. ISBN 0-7869-1212-X.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd (2007-04-25). City of Wyrmshadows (Zipped PDF) p. 4. Wizards of the Coast. Retrieved on 2009-10-07.
- ↑ James Wyatt (September 2002). City of the Spider Queen. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 78–79. ISBN 0-7869-1212-X.