Most people in the far eastern lands of Kara-Tur follow one of the two philosophical religions called "The Path of Enlightenment" and "The Way". In the island kingdom of Kozakura the worship of a large number of spirits collectively called "The Eight Million Gods" is predominant. The people of Shou Lung believe in the Celestial Empire headed by the
who is served by the Nine Immortals:
- Ai Ch'hing: Goddess of love, marriage
- Chan Cheng: God of war, the martial arts, combat, bravery
- Shi Chia: God of artificers, the arts
- Nung Chiang: God of agriculture, fertility
- Ch'en Hsiang: God of poetry, music, literature
- Fa Kuan: God of justice
- Chih Shih: God of history, lore, tradition
- Kwan Ying: Goddess of compassion, mercy, joy
- Hsing Yong: God of fortune, prosperity
They in turn are aided by the Lesser Immortals, namely Jade Ladies, Rice Spirits, Moon Women, Spirit Warriors, Ladies of Compassion, the Lords of Karma and the Sages.
- Mad Monkey is a demideity of mischief who sometimes helps and sometimes hinders the Celestial Bureaucracy.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 Mike Pondsmith, Jay Batista, Rick Swan, John Nephew, Deborah Christian (1988). Kara-Tur: The Eastern Realms. (TSR, Inc). ISBN 0-88038-608-8.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 James M. Ward and Troy Denning (August 1990). Legends & Lore. (TSR, Inc). ISBN 978-0880388443.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb (1988). Mad Monkey vs the Dragon Claw. (TSR, Inc). ISBN 0-88038-624-X.