Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This spell worked in the same fashion as charm person, except that it was not restricted to humanoid creatures or by their size. For the spell's duration, a charmed creature considered the caster a friend and ally, and trusted them. Although the spell did not allow the affected creature to be dominated or controlled, and they retained their normal behavior, they were well disposed to their supposed "friend" and could be persuaded to do things. The spell was hampered or ended if the creature was threatened or attacked by the caster or their own allies.
The charm monster spell could be cast by wizards, sorcerers, bards, and clerics who commanded the charm domain. In the time of Netheril, it could be cast by arcanists of the Mentalism specialization.
- ↑ Canon material does not provide dating for the Al-Qadim campaign setting. For the purposes of this wiki only, the current date for Al-Qadim products is assumed to be 1367 DR.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 209. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 slade, James Butler (November 1996). Netheril: Empire of Magic (The Winds of Netheril). (TSR, Inc.), p. 122. ISBN 0-7869-0437-2.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Jeff Grubb and Ed Greenwood (1990). Forgotten Realms Adventures. (TSR, Inc), pp. 149, 150, 152. ISBN 0-8803-8828-5.
- ↑ Richard Baker (1996). Player's Option: Spells & Magic. (TSR, Inc), p. 185. ISBN 0-7869-0394-5.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Sam Witt (January 1994). The Complete Sha'ir's Handbook. (TSR, Inc), pp. 124–125. ISBN 978-1560768289.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 slade, James Butler (November 1996). Netheril: Empire of Magic (The Winds of Netheril). (TSR, Inc.), p. 24. ISBN 0-7869-0437-2.
- ↑ slade, James Butler (November 1996). Netheril: Empire of Magic (The Winds of Netheril). (TSR, Inc.), p. 27. ISBN 0-7869-0437-2.