Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Chosen of Mystra are, similarly to the Chosen of other deities, mortals who have been specifically blessed by Mystra. Due to this blessing they gain access to unprecedented magical power. Mystra's Chosen are all concerned with fighting evil and imbalances in the Weave.
Known Chosen of Mystra Edit
- Alustriel Silverhand
- Alvaerele Tasundrym
- Dove Falconhand
- Elminster Aumar
- Laeral Silverhand
- Storm Silverhand
Confirmed Deceased Chosen Edit
- Duethaea Lauraunfeir
- Embrae Aloevan of Ardeep
- Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsun
- Qilué Veladorn
- Syluné Silverhand
- Symrustar Auglamyr
- Alassra "The Simbul" Silverhand
Chosen of Mystra gain many benefits from her blessing, but there are a few notable powers that they gain. Obviously, they all have a greater command of the magic they wield, seeming to be able to cast more often with less effort. They also become more familiar with magic; able to detect its presence. In addition, many also develop immunities to magic, and eventually immunities to disease and poison. They become much more hardy, showing a toughness uncharacteristic of most mages.
Mystra's Chosen are also immune to the deleterious effects from the casting and wearing of a mantle: they suffer no loss of health or the removal of spells from their minds upon the raising of a mantle or the cumulative daily requirement of the spell.
The most sought after, mysterious, and powerful benefit Mystra's Chosen gain from her blessing, however, is silver fire, a unique ability to conjure a silvery flame in a variety of functions.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Ed Greenwood (1995). The Seven Sisters. (TSR, Inc). ISBN 0-7869-0118-7.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Dale Donovan, Paul Culotta (August 1996). Heroes' Lorebook. (TSR, Inc). ISBN 0-7869-0412-7.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood (September 4, 2012). Elminster Enraged, loc. Kindle 5103. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0786960299.
- ↑ Sean K. Reynolds, Duane Maxwell, Angel McCoy (August 2001). Magic of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 6. ISBN 0-7869-1964-7.
- ↑ Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 73. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood (1995). The Seven Sisters. (TSR, Inc), p. 6. ISBN 0-7869-0118-7.
- ↑ Dale Donovan (January 1998). Cult of the Dragon. (TSR, Inc), pp. 8–9. ISBN 0-7869-0709-6.
- ↑ Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 153–154. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- ↑ Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 99. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood (September 4, 2012). Elminster Enraged, loc. Kindle 431. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0786960299.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood (September 4, 2012). Elminster Enraged, loc. Kindle 4958. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0786960299.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood (January 2000). Secrets of the Magister. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 92. ISBN 978-0786914302.