Chrysophrase was a translucent form of chalcedony that had a color reminiscent of green apples. It was a popular gemstone in Cormyr where it often found use in women's earrings and brooches worn on the chest. A typical stone had a base value of 50 gp.
Chrysoprase was used in the creation of items and spells that dealt with conferring or piercing invisibility effects. It could be ground to a powder and used in magical ink for inscribing scrolls with invisibility or anti-invisibility spells. It could be used as a spell component in those same spells, and it was often used to adorn rings of invisibility.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Jeff Grubb and Ed Greenwood (1990). Forgotten Realms Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 134. ISBN 0-8803-8828-5.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 300. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Wizards RPG Team (2014). Dungeon Master's Guide 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 134. ISBN 978-0786965622.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Jeff Grubb and Ed Greenwood (1990). Forgotten Realms Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 135. ISBN 0-8803-8828-5.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 Ed Greenwood, Eric L. Boyd (1996). Volo's Guide to All Things Magical. (TSR, Inc), p. 38. ISBN 0-7869-0446-1.