Cold iron is forged at a lower temperature than normal iron or steel, in order to preserve its properties. It is mined deep underground, and famed for its efficacy against fey creatures.
Cold iron weapons cost twice as much as their standard counterparts.
- On the Sword Coast North, the town of Phandalin is a major source of cold iron.
- The rare Holy Avenger blades prized by paladins are forged of cold iron.
- The wizard Sememmon possessed masterwork daggers made from cold iron.
- ↑ Monte Cook, Jonathan Tweet, Skip Williams (July 2003). Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 284. ISBN 0-7869-2889-1.
- ↑ Obsidian Entertainment (2008). Tony Evans. Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir. Atari.
- ↑ Monte Cook, Jonathan Tweet, Skip Williams (July 2003). Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 226. ISBN 0-7869-2889-1.
- ↑ George Krashos (July 2007). “Volo's Guide: Renegades of Darkhold”. Dragon #357 (Paizo Publishing, LLC), p. 74.
|This article is a stub. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by expanding it.|