|“|| Arcane Power at Your Fingertips
Every sentient creature is born with some potential to work magic. However, true mastery of arcane magic requires skill, practice, and power beyond the reach of common folk—specifically, the power to harness raw magic and shape it into a desired effect. You are among those gifted few who have learned to channel arcane magic, shaping it to serve your creative or destructive whims.
This D&D supplement is intended for players and Dungeon Masters. In addition to providing the definitive treatise on arcane magic, it expands the character options available to users of arcane magic, including bards, sorcerers, wizards, assassins, warlocks, and wu jen. Herein you’ll find never-before-seen prestige classes, spells and invocations, magic items, alchemical items, heritage feats, and reserve feats (a new type of feat that grants special abilities to those who remain charged with magical power). Alternative class features give other character classes—from the barbarian to the rogue—a little taste of what it’s like to be an arcanist without sacrificing their core identities.
- Chapter One: Fundamentals. This chapter explains the eight schools of magic and provides arcane archetypes. The arcane archetypes and the blaster, booster, controller, generalist, necromaster, sniper, spy, strategist, summoner and warrior.
- Chapter Two: Character Options. In this chapter, there are new special abilities that can replace the special abilities of any class, even non-arcane classes.
- Chapter Three: Prestige Classes. Presented here are eleven new prestige classes. These are the abjurant champion, the eldritch disciple, the eldritch theurge, the enlightened spirit, the holy scourge, the lyric thaumaturge, the master specialist, the nightmare spinner, the ultimate magus, the unseen seer and the wild soul.
- Chapter Four: Spells and Invocations. This chapter presents about 120 new spells and invocations. The spells include spells for bards, clerics, druids, paladins, rangers, sorcerers, wizards, assassins, hexblades, warmages and wu jen.
- Chapter Five: Arcane Items. Chapter Five presents new magic items such as the Rod of Eldritch Power, and other tewnty other magic items with arcane power.
- Chapter Six: Arcane Adventures. The last chapter of this book gives a table of random adventure scenarios with an arcane theme. This chapter is for the Dungeon Master.
|3rd and 3.5 edition|
|Complete Adventurer | Complete Arcane | Complete Champion | Complete Divine | Complete Mage | Complete Psionic | Complete Warrior | Defenders of the Faith | Draconomicon | Epic Level Handbook | Expanded Psionics Handbook | Manual of the Planes | Masters of the Wild | Oriental Adventures | Psionic Handbook | Savage Species | Spell Compendium | Stormwrack | Unearthed Arcana|