Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Council of Sparkling Stones is an elected council in Mirabar. Members must swear an oath of loyalty to Mirabar and its marchion. It meets each fall to plan the year ahead and organise trade agreements.
As of 1368 DR, the Council comprises 42 members. Of these, 10 are shield dwarves and 32 are humans. 16 councilors are female, and 26 are male. The marchion (currently Elastul Raurym) is the chief justice. Elections are held annually in the spring to determine the new members who will take their positions at the next meeting in the fall.
The Council meets once a year in the fall, usually over four days. There is an informal discussion, then a chance for short, formal speeches, then a secret ballot to decide upon what has been discussed. The marchion then travels to the cities in the south to personally bring the news, and to negotiate trade, acquiring deals for luxuries not available in Mirabar.
- Agrathan Hardhammer
- Dunstun Forgebar
- Shadrar Thundersar
- Heldorn Thaerntyl
- Elyth Talboskh
- Pheln Aldtorth
- Maern Hammaver
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (July 2003). The Thousand Orcs. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 54. ISBN 978-0786929801.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (July 2003). The Thousand Orcs. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 31. ISBN 978-0786929801.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (July 2003). The Thousand Orcs. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 281. ISBN 978-0786929801.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood (1993). Volo's Guide to the North. (TSR, Inc), p. 153. ISBN 1-5607-6678-6.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Ed Greenwood (1993). Volo's Guide to the North. (TSR, Inc), pp. 153–154. ISBN 1-5607-6678-6.