The Courtyard of Lolth was constructed in the semblance of an enormous spider with an elegantly sculpted archway forming the stony fangs of the building. Each wall was adorned with designs of alien and distorted spiders.
In 1372 DR, during the Silence of Lolth, the Courtyard of Lolth was stormed by Kurgoth Hellspawn and his army. Kurgoth's forces looted the majority of the temple's vaults. The clerics of Lolth that guarded the temple quickly fell without access to their spells. Shortly after this, Irae T'sarran managed to completely destroy the interior building of the temple with incredibly powerful magic that lingered for a full six days afterwards.
At some point in 1373 DR, after the Silence of Lolth had ended, members of House Dhuurniv tried to resettle Maerimydra, but after a few failed attempts they returned to the Skull Subterranes beneath Azmaer's Folly. Despite their failure, they still managed to recover the Ary'Velahar'Kerym from the secret vault beneath the Courtyard of Lolth.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 James Wyatt (September 2002). City of the Spider Queen. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 73. ISBN 0-7869-1212-X.
- ↑ James Wyatt (September 2002). City of the Spider Queen. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 37. ISBN 0-7869-1212-X.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Richard Baker, Ed Bonny, Travis Stout (February 2005). Lost Empires of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 135. ISBN 0-7869-3654-1.
- ↑ Richard Baker, Eric L. Boyd, Thomas M. Reid (July 2007). Shadowdale: The Scouring of the Land. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 150. ISBN 07-8694-039-5.
- ↑ Richard Baker, Eric L. Boyd, Thomas M. Reid (July 2007). Shadowdale: The Scouring of the Land. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 82. ISBN 07-8694-039-5.