Crystal balls were the most common of magical scrying devices.
The balls could be purchased or made with a variety of powers. At its simplest, a crystal ball allowed one to gaze into its surface and view another location as by the spell scrying. Other powers could be added, such as the ability of detecting the thoughts of a target at the observed location.
- Shal Desanea, a wizard from Phlan
- Priamon Rakesk, a member of the Twisted Rune
- Ranthor, a wizard of Cormyr
- Claugiyliamatar, a green dragon of the North
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Monte Cook, Jonathan Tweet, Skip Williams (July 2003). Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 253. ISBN 0-7869-2889-1.
- ↑ Wizards RPG Team (2014). Dungeon Master's Guide 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 159. ISBN 978-0786965622.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Eric L. Boyd (1996). Volo's Guide to All Things Magical. (TSR, Inc), p. 127. ISBN 0-7869-0446-1.
- ↑ Richard Baker (August 2004). Forsaken House. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 151. ISBN 0-7869-3260-0.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood (September 1996). “Wyrms of the North: Claugiyliamatar”. Dragon #233 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 33–37.