Daltim Flamefist was a male Halruaan human wizard and psionicist from the realm of Halruaa in south Faerûn. He was well known as a powerful noble of Halruaa; as the commander of the Destroyers, a mercenary company of mages and psionicists; and for his groundbreaking research into fire magic, psionics, and the creation and reproduction of magical and psionic items.
Daltim Flamefist's personal sigil was a stylized dragon.
He was a proudly patriotic Halruaan, and aspired to be an Elder.
He was of course also a noted scholar in psionics, pyromancy, and the creation and reproduction of magical and psionic items. He was credited with the invention of several spells and magical items.
In addition to commanding the Destroyers company of mercenary mages, Daltim Flamefist conducted research into pyromancy, psionics, and magical and psionic items. These psionically empowered items included semi-intelligent items. He even planned to look into the use of psionic items as familiars.
Alongside an oligarchic council, Daltim commanded the Destroyers, a mercenary company specializing in magical and mundane artillery assaults in support of more conventional forces. They consisted of some fifty troops: fifteen mages, fifteen psionicists, and twenty warriors, equipped with catapults and ballistae. The Destroyers had a special enmity for the Red Wizards of Thay.
The Destroyers became involved in the civil war in Tethyr in the 1360s DR. While there, Daltim's Tome of Fire went missing, presumed stolen, as he was unlikely to forgotten or lost it. Daltim fortunately had other copies of the spells, but wished to recover for the book for the many notes he'd made in it.
He later gave a lecture on his research into psionically empowered items at a symposium of mages in Halruaa.
Among his works, he wrote Daltim's Tome of Fire, a valuable but lost spellbook containing several rare and even unique spells, details of various magical items, and treatises on the topics of fire magic, psionics, and psionic items.
He was credited with the creation of several magical spells:
- Daltim's flaming fist – his trademark spell
- Daltim's fiery protector
- Daltim's fiery tentacles
- Daltim's proof against fire
- everlasting fire
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 Eytan Bernstein (2007-07-03). Psionics Across the Land. Class Chronicles. Wizards of the Coast. Retrieved on 2016-05-21.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Tim Beach (1992). Gold & Glory. (TSR, Inc), p. 30. ISBN 1-56076-334-5.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Tom Prusa (1993). The Shining South. (TSR, Inc), p. 14. ISBN 1-56076-595-X.
- ↑ 4.00 4.01 4.02 4.03 4.04 4.05 4.06 4.07 4.08 4.09 4.10 4.11 4.12 4.13 4.14 4.15 4.16 4.17 4.18 4.19 4.20 4.21 Ed Greenwood, Tim Beach (1995). Pages from the Mages. (TSR, Inc), pp. 35–40. ISBN 0-7869-0183-7.
- ↑ Tim Beach, Dori Jean Hein, J.M. Salsbury (1991). The Factol's Manifesto. (TSR, Inc.), p. 157. ISBN 0-7869-0141-1.
- ↑ Thomas Reid (October 2004). Shining South. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 44, 45. ISBN 0-7869-3492-1.