A dark naga was a naga subspecies that looked like a large purple snake or eel with a barbed stinger at the end of its tail and a human face. Dark nagas could speak Common and Infernal. They liked to plot with other creatures of evil alignment so that they could gather wealth more easily.
Dark nagas measured approximately 12 feet long and weighed about 300 pounds. Their scales were dark blue or purple, often with black frills or scale patterns. The body of a dark naga was more similar to that of an eel rather than a snake. Its tail ended in a poisonous stinger.
Their veins contained an oily black gore.
Dark nagas craved power and wealth. They loved using their magical powers and the treasures they found in ancient ruins to rule those who were weaker than themselves.
Dark nagas would attempt to use high terrain to their advantage to stay out of the reach of their enemies.
They could cast sorcerer spells and their stings carried a poison that could induce a nightmarish sleep. They were resistant to all charm effects and had the permanent ability to detect thoughts. Similarly, their own thoughts could not be read.
Notable Dark NagasEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Greenwood, Martin, Grubb (1993). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 2nd edition (revised), Monstrous Compendium. (TSR, Inc). ISBN 1-5607-6617-4.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Mike Mearls, Stephen Schubert, James Wyatt (June 2008). Monster Manual 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 194. ISBN 978-0-7869-4852-9.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 3.9 Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual 3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 191. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood and Jeff Grubb (April 1998). Cormyr: A Novel (Paperback). (Wizards of the Coast), p. 116. ISBN ISBN 0-7869-0710-X.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood and Jeff Grubb (April 1998). Cormyr: A Novel (Paperback). (Wizards of the Coast), p. 115. ISBN ISBN 0-7869-0710-X.
- ↑ Sean K. Reynolds (2002). Deity Do's and Don'ts. A Faiths and Pantheons Web Enhancement. Wizards of the Coast. p. 11. Retrieved on 2014-09-22.