Daurgothoth (pronounced: /ˈdoʊɜːrgoʊθoʊθ/ DOUR-goh-thoth), also known as Creeping Doom, was an archmage, dracolich, and one of the most powerful beings in all of Faerûn. Two near-impossible goals consumed him: to become the most powerful creature in the world, and to breed his own race of living dracoliches.
Once an enormous black dragon of incredible power, Daurgothoth choose to become a dracolich because of the power that transformation entailed. To do so, he convinced a high-ranking member of the Cult of the Dragon, Huulukharn, that he wished to join the Cult. However, he manipulated the process from the beginning, so that when the transformation was made, the Cult had no magical influence over him. After achieving lichdom, he killed Huulukharn and vanished into the unknown.
To further his goal, he made a pact with Dhairn. The deal with the Selvetargtlin was the secret of the creation of chitines and treasure over 6 centuries in return for giving them temporary shelter in Dolblunde.
Mystra's Judgment Edit
Despite Daurgothoth's sinister nature, Mystra, goddess of magic, did nothing to blunt his aspirations. Some of the Chosen of Mystra suspected that the dracolich still lived, but received no advice from their patron. Mystra decided that Daurgothoth, no matter how dangerous, was an archmage dedicated to the advancement of the Art and the type of genius that magic needed in order to grow and evolve.
- Dragons of Faerûn
- Cult of the Dragon (sourcebook)
- Draconomicon: Chromatic Dragons
- Ed Greenwood; Eric L. Boyd (2002-03-27). Daurgothoth, "The Creeping Doom". Wyrms of the North. Wizards of the Coast. Retrieved on 2016-08-13.
- ↑ Dale Donovan (January 1998). Cult of the Dragon. (TSR, Inc), p. 43. ISBN 0-7869-0709-6.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Bruce R. Cordell, Ari Marmell and Robert J. Schwalb (November 2008). Draconomicon: Chromatic Dragons. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 89. ISBN 978-0786949809.
- ↑ Lisa Smedman (January 2007). Sacrifice of the Widow. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 223–225. ISBN 0-7869-4250-9.