The area of effect of daylight was full daylight within a radius of 60 ft (18.3 m) from the dweomered object and dim light for another 60 ft (18.3 m) beyond that. The light given off by the object did not have the properties of sunlight, so it could not destroy a vampire for example, but any creatures affected by strong light were affected by this spell.
If a daylit object was brought into an area of darkness, the two effects cancelled each other out so that prevailing lighting conditions applied in the overlapping area. Blacklight or any higher-level darkness spell cast directly on the daylit object countered this spell. Likewise, daylight countered blacklight and any lower-level darkness spells.
The light from this spell was blockable by any light-proof substance or object, so the effects of this spell could be shrouded or revealed.
The post Second Sundering version of the spell created a 60-foot (18.3-m) sphere of light that could cover a target entirely in light. The light of the sphere turned to dim light for an additional 60 feet outside the sphere. If the sphere covered a magical darkness spell of the same or lower level, then the magic of the darkness spell was dispelled.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 207–211, 227. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 61, 68. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ Jeremy Crawford, Mike Mearls, Robert J. Schwalb, Adam Lee, Christopher Perkins, Matt Sernett (November 2017). Xanathar's Guide to Everything. In Kim Mohan ed. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 54. ISBN 978-0-7869-6612-7.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 216. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ James Wyatt, Darrin Drader, Christopher Perkins (October 2003). Book of Exalted Deeds. (TSR, Inc), p. 57. ISBN 0-7869-3136-1.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Eric L. Boyd (1996). Volo's Guide to All Things Magical. (TSR, Inc), p. 50. ISBN 0-7869-0446-1.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 230. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.