Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This has no clear connection to the Forgotten Realms.
Please help improve this by adding appropriate information or clarifying the relationship. If you are using this information for your own research, campaign, or general interest, you should not rely on its relevance.
The older version made the subject immune to all death spells and magical death effects. The spell did not protect against other harmful effects, such as injury, poison, or petrification, even if they might be lethal.
The post-Sundering version made the target able to avoid death, but only once. The spell lasted 8 hours. During this time, if ever the target was to suffer an effect that would kill it instantly, the effect would be negated. If the target was wounded so that it was close to death, it would instantly be stabilized. If either of these happened, death ward would end.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 207–211, 230. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 60. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 217. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ Richard Baker, James Wyatt (March 2004). Player's Guide to Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 92. ISBN 0-7869-3134-5.
- ↑ James Wyatt, Darrin Drader, Christopher Perkins (October 2003). Book of Exalted Deeds. (TSR, Inc), p. 57. ISBN 0-7869-3136-1.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 230. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.