Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article or section contains Dungeons & Dragons gameplay mechanics in violation of the "no crunch" rule.
Please help improve this article by removing the relevant information or rewriting it so as to reflect an in-universe perspective.
Defenders of Sealtiel are the earthly servants of the celestial paragon Sealtiel, the patron of defenders - those who protect the weak, fight off the forces of evil, and defend the ideals of truth and goodness from evil deception. The Defenders of Sealtiel are a knightly order sworn to uphold said ideals, and where the fists of Raziel take an offensive role in the eternal struggle against evil, the defenders remain at home and fight back against counterassault.
The vast majority of the defenders of Sealtiel were are former paladins, fighters, and rangers. Also among them are the occasional cleric or monk (often multiclass). Even rarer, but highly valued, are fighter/rogues, who are more often found among the fists of Raziel. Arcane spellcasters find little appeal in the order and are almost nonexistent.
The adventuring life has little appeal to most defenders of Sealtiel, who prefer to stay in civilization and protect. When they do venture into the wilds, it's typically as a bodyguard; the defender will travel with the defended wherever they are needed. This is rare, however; the vast majority are found in the garrisons of good-aligned citadels.
- Defensive Stance
- Like the dwarven defender ability of the same name, a defender of Sealtiel can become a stalwart bastion of defense. In this stance, he gains phenomenal strength and durability, but becomes rooted to the spot. He can only hold the stance for a limited amount of time, and when it ends, he becomes winded, weakening his muscles. A defender can enter this stance a number of times per day equal to his class level, and can only perform the action during his turn.
- Shield of faith
- Three times per day, a defender of Sealtiel can cast shield of faith as a spell-like ability, with the caster level equal to his class level.
- Magic Circle
- 2nd level defenders of Sealtiel are constantly surrounded by a magic circle against evil, as if it were cast by a cleric of his defender level.
- Shield Other
- 2nd level defenders can cast shield other once per day as a spell-like ability, with the caster level equal to his class level.
- Blood of the martyr
- 4th level defenders can cast blood of the martyr as a spell-like ability once per day.
- Protective aura
- 6th level defenders can cast protective aura as a spell-like ability once per day. The effect overlaps, but does not stack with, his magic circle. At 10th level, he can cast this ability three times per day.
- Glory of the martyr
- 8th level defenders can cast glory of the martyr as a spell-like ability once per day.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 James Wyatt, Darrin Drader, Christopher Perkins (October 2003). Book of Exalted Deeds. (TSR, Inc), p. 58. ISBN 0-7869-3136-1.
- ↑ James Wyatt, Darrin Drader, Christopher Perkins (October 2003). Book of Exalted Deeds. (TSR, Inc), p. 59. ISBN 0-7869-3136-1.